It has come to our attention that various individuals and organizations are contacting people offering false employment opportunities in Cairn India Limited or under its name or logo. We are taking this matter extremely seriously, and we are currently working with the appropriate legal authorities to terminate this fraudulent scheme. By making you aware of this, we hope to avoid and ultimately stop victims falling for this scam. We would like to clarify that Cairn India Limited does not engage in providing unsolicited employment offers. Further, Cairn India Limited is not concerned or associated with Cairn Indonesia Limited.
What is Recruitment fraud?
Recruitment fraud is a sophisticated fraud offering fictitious job opportunities. This type of fraud is normally done through online services such as bogus websites, or through unsolicited e-mails claiming to be from Cairn India Limited or under its name or logo. These emails request recipients to provide personal information and ultimately payments to progress false applications.
How to identify Recruitment fraud
- The perpetrators will often ask recipients to complete bogus recruitment documentation, such as application forms, terms and conditions of employment or visa forms. The Cairn India Limited name and logo is often featured on the documentation without authority.
- There is an early request for personal information such as address details, date of birth, CV, passport details, bank details etc.
- Candidates are requested to contact other companies/individuals such as lawyers, bank officials, travel agencies, courier companies, visa/immigration processing agencies etc.
- E-mail correspondence is often sent from (or to) free web-based or bogus e-mail accounts such as cairn-india.in, cairn-india.com, Live.com etc.
- The perpetrators frequently use mobile or platform telephone numbers beginning with +91 124 instead of official company numbers.
- The perpetrators may even offer to pay a large percentage of the fees requested and ask the candidate to pay the remaining amount.
- There is an insistence on urgency.
What should I do?
- To report a suspected fraud to email@example.com.
- Save messages from the perpetrator for further investigation if necessary.
- Include the URLs of any web sites which you believe to be bogus or fraudulent together with as much supporting information of the correspondence you have had with the perpetrators of the suspected fraud.
- We would advise you to contact your local police and provide them with all information you may have from the senders.
- Respond to unsolicited business propositions and/or offers of employment from people with whom you are unfamiliar.
- Disclose your personal or financial details to anyone you do not know.
- Send any money. Cairn India Limited does not ask for money transfers or payments from applicants to secure a job, either as an employee or as a contractor.
- Engage in further communication if you believe the communications may be fraudulent.